LEARFIELD – About Our Ads
Effective Date: May 1, 2022
We Use Certain Tracking Technologies
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, devices and platforms (collectively, “Platforms”) when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and other technologies.
Our vendors may also use these tools. In this policy “we” and “us” refers to LEARFIELD, a Learfield company, “Learfield,” “we,” or “us”), our business partners, and/or our vendors.
We Use Tracking Technologies for a Variety of Reasons
We use tracking tools:
- To recognize new or past customers.
- To create custom audiences to target our advertisements. These advertisements may be served online or by email (see below for instructions on how to opt-out of these advertising activities, including how to control cookies we may use).
- To store your password if you are registered on our Platform.
- To improve our Platform and to better understand your visits on our Platforms.
- To understand how you interact with our email messages.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To integrate with third-party social media websites.
- To create fan profiles across multiple sources.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To identify how you found our Platform.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across email, multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our Platform users.
We Engage in Interest-Based Advertising
We display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
How Do We Gather Relevant Information About You for Interest-Based Advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we might look at your browsing behaviors. We might also look at your location. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You Can Control Certain Tracking Tools
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do this depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection. Note that if you opt out or disable cookies, you may continue to see ads from us or our customers, but they may not be tailored to your interests. Certain choices you make are both browser and device specific.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Token-Based IDs: To opt-out of token-based ID advertising, click here.
- LiveRamp: We may work with LiveRamp to match your information, such as your email address, including in hashed form, with data in LiveRamp’s marketing databases. This then creates an identifier for our use in real time bidding in digital advertising. We may also share other information with LiveRamp, such as hashed and de-identified email addresses, IP addresses, and advertising identifiers. That information may then be used to create a connection between your device and LiveRamp’s databases. Such connection may be shared by our partners and advertisers globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising by third parties unaffiliated with our Platform throughout your online experience and across your various devices and platform. To opt out of LiveRamp’s products, click here.
- Interest-Based Advertising: You can submit an opt-out request to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program (click here) and/or the National Advertising Initiative (NAI) (click here). These are tools that provide individuals with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes by participating companies.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Facebook: We may use Facebook cookies to target ads to you. You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from Facebook here.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our Platform, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific. In addition, the tools described above may not opt you out of non-cookie online advertising.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.