LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. The LEARFIELD suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Since 2008, it has served as title sponsor for the acclaimed LEARFIELD Directors’ Cup, supporting athletic departments across all divisions.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
The Survey Research Analyst will support LEARFIELD’s sales force by leading all survey and primary research initiatives and communicating applicable insights through the organization and the sports industry. Additionally, this role will prepare research proposals and reports, consult with properties, and assist with corporate research initiatives.
- Oversee the development of all LEARFIELD survey programs and primary research initiatives, including property fan surveys, client/sponsor surveys, proprietary studies, and more
- Refine the process for survey communication throughout the company, and increase interest and participation in primary research programs
- Work to create and maintain a LEARFIELD college sports fan survey panel, and develop a process and schedule for communication with the respondents in the panel
- Manage relationship between LEARFIELD and 3rd party survey/research study vendors, as well as LEARFIELD’s survey panel
- Serve as Insights Team expert on survey platform utilization and survey creation
- Work with teams across the LEARFIELD enterprise to identify new opportunities for primary research studies and surveys
- Utilize Excel/Tableau to analyze primary data and create charts as graphical representations of the data
- Prepare customized reports for sales field based on survey/study findings and review research decks with properties when applicable
- Prepare presentation ready slides in presentation platform and/or Power Point, interfacing with internal Graphics team as necessary
- Develop process and workflow for updating and maintaining primary research reports across 180+ colleges and universities
- Clearly communicate the progress of strategic initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a resource on sports sponsorship industry trends, specifically related to those from 1st party or 3rd party surveys/studies
- Study market and industry trends and disseminate information to appropriate sellers
- Analyze data to identify internal and external industry trends
- Contribute to additional key initiatives for the Insights Team where assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management, Business, or a related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a position managing, monitoring, manipulating, and drawing insights from Primary Research data. Preferably with a knowledge of sports sponsorship inventory, creative “know how” of telling a research and analytics story to increase property revenue, and the ability to think critically about data and how it relates to the sponsorship sales process.
- Experience collecting first-party insights and communicating insights via dashboards/reports
- High competency level on computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously
- Analytical mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in sports and entertainment industry a plus
- Experience utilizing graphics programs (Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator), or data visualization tools (Tableau) are a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.