An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
Paciolan is the #1 primary ticketing company in college athletics, and the #2 largest primary ticketing provider in the US including performing arts, arenas, and professional sports. As a leader in ticketing, fundraising, marketing, analytics, and technology solutions, we power more than 500 live entertainment organizations, selling over 120 million tickets a year.
While we are the market leader in many areas, we will never act too big or move too slow as a company. At Paciolan, we come to work ready to innovate and succeed, and we always have fun doing it. You may not recognize our name, because we white-label our consumer channels, but we create great products at scale…not just once a year Black Friday, but every day our events go on sale!
As we continue to grow, we need awesome, passionate software engineers to join us in designing and developing complex, scalable, and highly-available applications for our B2B and B2C ecosystem. The apps you build must stand up to the thousands of concurrent fans fighting for the chance to purchase that last remaining seat in the stadium…and you know it will, because you’ll build it with a micro services architecture and distributed database to give you elastic scalability in the cloud. And every fan’s purchase transaction will complete flawlessly because you implemented automated unit and integration tests to verify that the system meets all functional requirements. Do you think you have what it takes to work in this exciting agile environment, and bring smiles to millions of our fans in the process? If so, then we want to talk with you.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our product managers to define the next generation of our products on solid architecture, with alternate flows handled flawlessly.
- Write lots of Java, Node.js and/or js code. But not just any code – yours employs best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to make your software architecture relevant today and into the foreseeable future.
- Implement automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to convince everyone on the team that what you built actually works.
- Create pull requests, because regardless of how great your code is, it’s always best to have team members review it as well. And while you’re at it, you will review your teammates’ pull requests too. Here’s your chance to mentor and guide more junior members of our development team.
- Speak up during the team’s daily stand-up so everyone knows what you’ve just accomplished and what else you’ll be working on.
- Participate in design sessions with your team members, coming up with the optimum technical solution that not only meets the business requirements, but does so with performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind.
- Troubleshoot a production issue. Bugs can bite even the best of us. But when you squash this bug, you’ll implement an automated test for it this time around so it will never come back to haunt us again.
- Deliver on your commitments. Because you’re accountable, everyone on the team has confidence that at the end of each two-week sprint, the tasks you’ve been assigned meet the team’s definition of done.
- There’s always something we can improve upon, whether it be process or tools or technology choices. Maybe a Slack bot ? If you can dream it, you get to build it.
- If you’re senior level, you’ll actively drive code review, architecture choices, mentoring of other engineers and owning a large slice of our tech.
What to bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in software engineering.
- Practical work experience in developing applications at scale using Java, Node.js or React.js.
- Logical and physical data and object modelling. You can design a database schema and write all the SQL to create and query it.
- But relational databases are old-school now, so bonus points if you’ve actually worked on NoSQL technologies like Redis, Couchbase, Mongo, and especially Cassandra.
- You’re an encyclopedia of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks since you’ve worked with stuff like Struts, Spring, microservices, DI/IOC, SOA, REST, JAX-RS, MVC, AOP, ORM, TDD, and a bunch of other impressive-sounding acronyms.
- Speaking of TDD, you’re passionate about creating software but even more so about creating quality software. So you use tools like JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, or EasyMock to create automated tests, thus giving your QA team members a really difficult time finding defects in your code.
- You love to automate all the things, having worked in continuous delivery environments that automatically compile, test, and deploy the application every time code is committed into the git repository, using tools like Maven and a continuous integration server like Jenkins or Bamboo.
- You collaborate with folks in DevOps to come up with ways to make continuous delivery even faster and more efficient across all our environments, including production.
- You thrive in fast-paced agile environments using software development methodologies like Scrum, SAFE, or Kanban to consistently deliver value to our clients and fans around the world.
- You’re passionate about building software that matters, since the software you build also helps bring our millions of fans to the experiences they will never forget, the moment they step into that live event.
An Extra “Awesome”
- Not everything needs to be implemented in synchronous RPC, so you’ve got experience building async apps that communicate via messaging using things like Rabbit MQ or Kafka. And you may have even implemented apps using an Actor model like Akka.
- Work experience with functional programming. Java 8 was late to the party with lambdas, but maybe you’ve played around with Scala or something similar and realize that a function can be passed around like any other object.
- Big data, no problem – you’ve worked with apps that munch through bazillions of data records using technologies like Apache Spark or Hadoop.
- You’ve built cloud-native applications and micro services on Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
- Your bag of tricks includes experience with technologies like these: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere DC/OS, Netflix OSS.
- Your applications have scaled to tens of thousands of concurrent users, especially for high-traffic eCommerce scenarios including mobile.
What’s in it for you
Just like the teams we work with, we team up at Paciolan too! You’ll find espresso machines, basketball hoops, ping pong tables and lots of options for hanging out with your coworkers such as: a running club, soccer club, yoga class, the bar method class, company sponsored events off-site and many more. We have a Starbucks attached to our building for your caffeine fix as well as several restaurants and food trucks nearby, that is, if you missed any of the food that is often ordered in.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learfield IMG College is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity