LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. The LEARFIELD suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Since 2008, it has served as title sponsor for the acclaimed LEARFIELD Directors’ Cup, supporting athletic departments across all divisions.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
As the Sr. Data Analyst, you will work with Learfield’s data and analytics team in aggregating, developing, and analyzing the data associated with Learfield's Fanbase platform. Fanbase is Learfield’s data and analytics platform that powers our strategic fan insights across the enterprise, leveraging cutting-edge analytics to unlock the next wave of growth in college sports. By aggregating data across ticketing, sponsorship, digital and social channels, commerce, and more, Fanbase helps Learfield and our school partners to better understand how fans engage with college athletics. Fanbase allows our teams and partners to realize stronger marketing efficiency and effectiveness, as well as to increase commercial opportunities through ticket / merchandise sales, development funding, etc.
- Lead a team of data analysts through all stages of project life cycle across multiple business units working on:
- Measuring ROI to assess impact of MMR sponsorship on fan behavior (transaction spend, brand affinity, brand awareness, etc.)
- Fan insights / targeting (comprehensive analysis of Fanbase data across ticketing, OAS, social, ecommerce, etc.)
- Ticket pricing (tiers, locations, donation pairing, etc.), and inventory yield management
- Produce written reports from analysis of data in Fanbase, for internal or external stakeholders
- Coordinate data aggregating from internal and external data sources for analytics and reporting purposes
- Work collaboratively across all aspects of the enterprise (especially across multiple business units) to understand data and analytics needs and how the data & analytics team can most effectively service those needs.
- Propose future projects based on the insights learned, e.g. new service offerings derived from Fanbase product
- Work with Fanbase product team to help optimize the data collection process, and find new sources of data that can be ingested into Fanbase
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data exploration, and the presentation of data understand how our users interact with Fanbase
- Build custom solutions to meet market & internal needs and other duties assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in analytical field: Sports Business Management, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Information Technology, etc. Master degree preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Demonstrate curiosity to dive into large amounts of diverse data and enjoy searching for patterns that could indicate new insights
- A minimum of 3 or more years of experience in data & analytics-focused work
- A minimum of 2 or more years of experience in BI tools and software: Tableau, SQL, R, Python is required
- Experience with CRM systems: Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Microsoft Office, Predictive modeling
- Can translate your and your team’s knowledge & experience to business use-cases and prioritized work
- Strong commitment to building a learning culture that benefits yourself and your staff
- Sports/media/entertainment or sponsorship experience is a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Must possess a high level of integrity and honesty; ability to influence others through leading by example
- Manage time effectively and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.