An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
Learfield IMG College is seeking an experienced AR Billing and Collection Specialist to join the team to provide billing, collections, financial, and administrative services for our internal and external clients ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing including monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue within the Shared Services team in Plano, TX. You will be responsible for billing and collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars of the existing client base, as well as researching and resolving discrepancies handling adjustments, responding to inquiries, and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare documentation for submitting delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection
- Focus heavily on collecting outstanding balances on assigned accounts
- Investigate historical data for debts and bills
- Enter in notes regarding collection attempts into finance software
- Account review and reconciliation of payments and invoicing
- Prepare adjustments as needed on assigned client accounts
- Process and record refunds on assigned client accounts while adhering to department policy and internal controls
- Meets or exceed productivity standards in the completion of daily and monthly assignments and accurate production
- Answer and respond to internal and external calls/ emails in a timely manner
- Complete billing system updates
- Review status of delinquent accounts that appear on the monthly aging report and initiate collection action to resolve unpaid balances.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining customer past due accounts – Making outbound collection calls to delinquent accounts, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations, processing credit memos, and cash posting, including refund requests
- Generate and send monthly statements to customers.
- Responsible for obtaining and tracking tax exception certificates for our customers.
- Responsible for updating customer information in CRM system.
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with each department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Provide process improvement ideas and feedback to management.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Provide documents timely to accounts and follow up to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3 – 5+ years of billing and collections of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base ( such as vendor to client company) experience
- Strong knowledge of billing and payment cycles
- Excellent knowledge of billing procedures and various collection techniques
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel: V-look ups and Pivot tables are a plus
- Outgoing and extroverted personalities are ideal for this role
- Comfortable working with targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills; critical thinker by nature with great attention to detail
- Must be able to diffuse high tension situations confidently, effectively, and professionally Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to clearly and professionally express ideas to audiences of varying levels, including coworkers, supervisors, executives, and vendors
- Knowledge of collection laws and regulations
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and grow into leader
- Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of management; exercising discretion and independent judgment while performing duties with limited supervision.
- Collaborative team player proactively engages others to generate ideas, processes, and solutions for the business to enhance internal/external customer experience
- Ability to adapt to process changes due to growth High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, employing detailed documentation
- Excellent analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize objectives and perform under pressure.
- Ability to accept change, be innovative and self-motivated
- Experience with Great Plains 2016 and CRM experience desirable
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learfield IMG College is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity