Location: Syracuse, NY 13202
Department: Software/Product Development
LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. The LEARFIELD suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Since 2008, it has served as title sponsor for the acclaimed LEARFIELD Directors’ Cup, supporting athletic departments across all divisions.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
About SIDEARM Sports
The team at SIDEARM provides the technology platform that powers the official websites, mobile apps, statistical integration, live audio and video streaming, and e-commerce platforms of more than 1,000 collegiate athletic partners across the nation.
We’re a passionate mix of technologists, creatives, and strategists that care deeply about the products we create, and the people we create them for. We stand at the intersection of sports and technology, and are constantly innovating and evolving our products to deeply integrate the industries and provide exceptional products for our partners and their fans. Our team embraces a casual and collaborative work environment that moves at a rapid pace, where all team members are deeply involved in the success of our products and services.
We're fortunate enough to be trusted by some of the biggest brands in the industry, including 300 NCAA Division I programs, and over 55 of the 65 Power 5 athletic departments. We are proud that the work we do is experienced by millions of sports fans each year.
We are actively accepting applications for a Senior Mobile App Developer to join our team. In this role, you’ll focus on developing and supporting the SIDEARM app platform.
What you’ll be doing is working on various public facing mobile apps. This job is an opportunity to work on the most visible Sports apps in the App Store(s) with apps regularly present in the Top 100 Sports apps in Apple’s App Store. This role is focused on the native side of the apps more than on the PWA but will include some of both.
· Designing and developing well-tested, high performing and scalable cross platform mobile applications on the Ionic platform
· Providing recommendations and evaluations for new designs and architecture
· Learning to work with and enhance iOS and Android native mobile applications
· Staying current on new technologies and best practices
· Working in technologies in which you are unfamiliar and learning it as you go
· Assist with leading a team with ability to communicate effectively
· Quickly and efficiently provide accurate resolutions to partner issues
· Work closely with other departments
· 6+ years of experience with modern PWA frameworks such as Angular versions 2+, React or Vue.
· Experience with Native App Programming (Swift, Objective C, and Java)
· Proven Experience solving problems in app code
· Demonstrated success launching hybrid app features
· Knowledge and Experience with the Ionic Framework
· Ability to write native plugins for the Ionic Framework
· Experience in Web Tech, Angular, Xcode, Android Studio
· Desire and willingness to work on new skills and technologies
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience with git, including commit, push/pull, and merge.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
We’ll be extra impressed if you have:
· Proven experience developing mobile-first responsive web apps using UI/UX patterns for various device sizes
· Proven experience using CI/CD tools and software pipelines
· Demonstrated success building app infrastructure & tooling including automation, and deployment infrastructure
· Experience with SIDEARM’s CMS, suite of tools, library of solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.