LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. The LEARFIELD suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Since 2008, it has served as title sponsor for the acclaimed LEARFIELD Directors’ Cup, supporting athletic departments across all divisions.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
Reporting to the Senior Director, Content, the Senior Manager, Content is an important role that uses in-depth creative and content knowledge built by years of experience to develop and execute multiple content-driven initiatives. Working closely with the Senior Director, they will manage and lead creative executions, be an integral part of creative development, work with and manage internal and external stakeholders (including production partners), pitch concepts directly to partners, and manage content-driven projects from ideation to final delivery.
- Oversee and manage the development and execution of creative projects from idea generation through final deliverables
- Partner with Senior Director, Content on the creative content development for all original content opportunities
- Pitch directly to internal and external partners and serve as point of contact
- Develop ideas, write treatments, pitch decks and scripts
- Ensure that the quality of our content is always at the highest possible level within budget and schedule constraints
- Provide and creatively manage notes process for all steps in the development, production and post-production process
- Work collaboratively with necessary departments, internally and externally, to ensure all necessary deliverables are provided to ensure success
- Become an expert on creative best practices for all company platforms, including Esports, short-form video, social and potentially audio
- Troubleshoot production and post-production issues
- Act as creative lead and supervising producer on all projects in production
- Work closely with internal and external production team to ensure budgets and schedules are aligned with creative, talent and audience expectations
- Work closely with strategy to optimize distribution and promotion of content
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the sports or entertainment industry focused on writing, creative development and producing content
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present concepts and strategies to executive leadership
- Passion for and extensive experience in storytelling to drive engagement with consumers
- Sports and/or entertainment experience a must
- Ability to own projects and communicate with external partners as main point of contact
- Experience working with digital, short-form video, social & influencer-driven content.
- Must be able to write pitch materials as well as short form scripts
- Strong project and people management skills
- Direct experience with content creation pipelines
- Ability to generate new ideas and concepts that might align with a project's initiatives
- Creativity in deciding how an idea will be interpreted and representing the idea in execution
- Must contribute to and thrive in a high energy, high profile, positive, proactive, deadline driven, results oriented, and attention to detail environment.
- Strong administrative, critical reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize many projects at one time in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and precise in his/her work.
- Passion for college sports and Esports a plus
- Experience with podcast & audio a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.