LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. The LEARFIELD suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Since 2008, it has served as title sponsor for the acclaimed LEARFIELD Directors’ Cup, supporting athletic departments across all divisions.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others.”
LEARFIELD is looking to add an Account Manager to its growing National Sales team in New York City.
The Account Manager will focus on our national digital, data, social, and mobile offerings as well as our traditional multimedia rights. The Account Manager will also be tasked with generating all media plans and sales materials, including proposal decks and sales client presentations. In addition, this person will help execute sales sponsorships, activations, and multi-year scaled partnerships. This role will report into the VP, National Sales along with the Senior AE of Digital on the National Sales team.
Responsible for LEARFIELD sales efforts with digital/media agencies across multiple initiatives:
- Experience completing agency RFP requirements including detailed spec templates
- Work internally with relevant team members to confirm inventory, scale, targeting, etc. and build out media plans to share with agencies
- Develop sales materials including PowerPoint presentations that are presented to agencies to illustrate what is in the proposal with a narrative, insights, mocks, research, etc. that help sell through all proposed concepts
- Create PowerPoint presentations to present to agencies at various stages of the sales cycle including an overview of “Who We Are”, profiles of our capabilities, customized opportunities, etc.
- Support high profile and complex video/display ad campaigns for top-tier advertisers across all of LEARFIELD digital platforms
- Partner with various internal and external campaign stakeholders to ensure successful execution of digital campaigns
- Review insertion orders, secure campaign assets and drive creative kick off calls
- Manage campaign implementation including the trafficking of video/display assets and ad tags
- Manage client communication specifically related to the ad experience, delivery, optimization, reporting expectations and billing reconciliation
- Troubleshoot and test video/display assets across OTT, mobile and desktop
- Responsible for full campaign delivery by providing screenshots, campaign reporting, delivery analysis, advertiser insights and order optimization
- Project management of custom/complex ad offerings, including content sponsorships and new or intricate creative ad formats
- Display mastery of all LEARFIELD digital ad products and their capabilities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to close out monthly billing and resolve monthly and ongoing invoicing queries for all managed campaigns
- On-call support may be required for after-hours client-related emergencies
- 2-3 years of digital advertising and online media experience, with strong emphasis in client facing positions and digital ad trafficking experience
- Experience within the digital online ecosystem, including familiarity with third-party ad servers such as DCM, Sizmek, Innovid, etc., as well as ad serving technologies such as VAST and VPAID
- Familiarity with Advertising Research and Verification vendors like Nielsen, ComScore, Moat, Integral Ad Science, Millard Brown, etc.
- Professional written/verbal communication skills, both internally and externally with customers. Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly. Personality to quickly build rapport and build professional relationships
- Quick learner and detail oriented; critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven project management skills with ability to simultaneously manage and deliver requests from various stakeholders.
- Expertly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly learn and grow new productivity software application tools
- Team oriented and ability to navigate a multi-tiered sales organization (including a massive field sales organization)
- Track record with specific media buying agencies with strong contacts already established with advertising agencies
- An excellent strategic sense with ability to function tactically
- Creative thinker who can bring back industry and marketplace learnings to assist in platform and product innovation and development of new offerings
- Excellent communication, presentation & relational skills necessary
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A go-getter who is passionate about supporting all sales efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in the digital media, advertising, and emerging technology industries
- Love and comfort with all things tech including understanding of consumer websites, mobile/tablet devices, over-the-top and connected TV platforms, industry ad servers and custom ad products
- Working familiarity with a broad range of business functional disciplines, including ad sales, creative services production, revenue operations, inventory planning, yield optimization and marketing.
- Knowledgeable about industry ad categories, various modes of online ad sales channels and ability to translate those customer requirements into technical/operational solutions.
- Passion and excitement for college sports
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.