LEARFIELD’S CAMPUS+ ALIGNS NC STATE WITH PNC BANK IN A 15-YEAR AGREEMENT TO BENEFIT STUDENTS, INCORPORATE UNIVERSITY AND ATHLETICS PROGRAMS
PLANO, Texas – Learfield’s Campus+ announced today an agreement between North Carolina State University and PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). Expanding its relationship with the university, PNC will become the official bank of NC State and provide student and workplace banking, as well as financial literacy and education programs, over the next 15 years to more than 42,000 students, faculty and staff. In addition to its university and student-driven initiatives, PNC will become the official bank of NC State Athletics.
“We are pleased to enter into this agreement and appreciate PNC’s long-term support of NC State,” said Chancellor Randy Woodson. “This sponsorship provides convenience and financial management educational opportunities to students, faculty and staff, as well as resources to help achieve our university’s educational, research and outreach mission.”
The cross-campus relationship between PNC and NC State was cultivated by Learfield’s Campus+ business on behalf of the university, a natural extension as Learfield serves as multimedia rightsholder for the Wolfpack. Intent on seeking out innovative opportunities to align local, regional and national companies with NC State, Learfield worked with PNC to build a relationship, allowing the institution comprehensive engagement throughout both campus and athletics.
Highlights of the 15-year agreement include:
• PNC financial wellness programming offering on-campus workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing and identity protection. In addition, PNC Achievers student recognition activities will focus on academic achievement and community leadership among student athletes. Students also will find information about money management on a co-branded website.
• Up to nine ATMs throughout the university’s campuses. Two ATMs will be DepositEasySM, which allow students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash, including $1 bills, cash checks and deposit checks or cash directly into their accounts.
• An electronic financial services office located in the Talley Student Union (scheduled to open in 2018). PNC employees will staff the office to help customers with transactions.
• PNC’s Virtual Wallet Student® available for university students. Virtual Wallet is a suite of three accounts working together along with features that help students monitor spending, view account balances and safeguard against financial mistakes. Faculty and staff will also have the opportunity to choose from a suite of checking account products, including some that allow customers to avoid monthly service charges if they meet certain requirements.
• A co-branded NC State University debit card available in 2018 to all students, staff, alumni and PNC account holders throughout PNC’s 2,635-branch network.
• A student identification card with the capacity to link to PNC accounts and allow the student to access cash at all PNC ATMs
In a related agreement reached with Wolfpack Sports Properties, PNC will be the official bank of NC State Athletics, providing consistent branding through Wolfpack Athletics. Each year, PNC will sponsor NC State’s Football Military Appreciation Day events. During the academic year, the PNC Achievers recognition program will honor Wolfpack student athletes for academic achievement and community leadership.
“There is tremendous value in a campuswide relationship like this, and we know additional synergies and values will continue to be unlocked,” said Solly Fulp, executive vice president for Learfield’s Campus+. “Our team specifically looks for these authentic relationships that cross campus and athletics. True win-win relationships that take a University First approach. It’s our focus within Campus+ to find those impactful attributes of a brand-to-university relationship that align with core objectives of both the university and in this case, PNC.”
Learfield’s Campus+ is dedicated to developing comprehensive campuswide partnerships that prioritize university brand alignment, impactful student services and increased revenues. Building off Learfield’s athletics multimedia rights with nearly 130 institutions, conferences and arenas nationwide, Campus+ prioritizes innovative “best in class” partnerships. Campus+ business partners can have deeper engagement with university students, faculty, staff and alumni. Learfield, having a deep presence in the collegiate athletics landscape for more than 40 years, also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
NC State, the largest university in North Carolina, is a pre-eminent research enterprise with 10 colleges that excel in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles and veterinary medicine. World-leading faculty guide the university’s 34,000 high-performing students through an experiential education that embraces research, internships and service. More than 130 years after its founding as a public land-grant institution, NC State continues to fulfill its original purpose: to create economic, societal and intellectual prosperity.